Friday, January 11, 2008

Last Monday Evening

So, my husband and I thought we would try and carve out a little date time last Monday evening. We left our teenage son at home to do the dishes after dinner and we took the girls to AWANA. Our plan was to go hang out at a nearby coffee shop for a short time together before collecting the girls and returning home to tuck them into bed.
Well, for starters, the dinner was late getting out of the oven and late to the table and thus, we were late getting out the door. Next, my unnamed daughter, who is older than four and younger than twelve managed to misplace her AWANA book for about the third time in a row, just before we left the house. I went back inside and did a swift walk through, but to no avail. Thus, my husband set down a judgment that she could not attend AWANA that evening since she had done this repeatedly.
So after dropping off the other two girls at the nearby church building, we went to the nearest REDBOX to return some movies. It happens to be located in the entrance of the Albertsons store. So, we decided, with our daughter in tow, to pick up a few needed items from there such as orange juice, lettuce and doughnuts. Well, the doughnuts were not needed but we ended up getting them anyway. Then we headed across the street to the movie rental store/coffee shop. I stood in line and got a coffee and then took my daughter to the children’s section to see what nonsensical silliness she thought she couldn’t live without. While there I heard a faint, “Mom!” from the next aisle over and walked around the corner to the greeting, “I just peeed.”
“What? You did what?” I asked astonished.
“I peeed,” repeated my six and a half year old!
“Well, that is just great! Okay, let’s head for the car.” My husband was in the public restroom and so I had to call him on the cell phone from outside the store and break the news. Once he joined us we headed for the car and home. I left him and the wet girl at home to clean up and drove back to pick up the other two from AWANA before returning home again.
And that was our latest date night experience!

1 comment:

The Taylor Family said...

That is one of those "funny" stories that you can laugh about now, but when it's happening...yeah, not so funny! :o) Hope your next date night goes better! Just think - she could have pooed her pants! ;^)